I、 Foreigners wishing to study at Shanxi University of TCM and satisfying the college requirements are eligible for applying directly to the college. Those wishing to study as adult students or students for advanced studies need to provide diplomas and transcripts, and indicate the majors they are interested in. Those wishing to study as an undergraduate need to provide secondary school diploma, a transcript of his final year of study in the secondary school, and results of .the Chinese proficiency Test (HSK) The college, has the right to decide whether to issue admission forms and physical examination forms to applicants or not. Such forms are also needed for undergraduate enrolling through an entrance examination.
II、 After receiving the admission form sent by the school, applicants must fill it out with correct information requested and submit it along with the following original documents.
(1) Application Forms for Admission to Shanxi University of TCM for overseas students, with recent passport-size photo attached.
(2) Certificates and transcripts
(3) Letters of Recommendations (Chinese, English or Japanese Original)
Secondary school graduates should refer to their school or work unit for recommendations.
(4) Applications should attach a photo to the Physical Examination Records for foreigners. The physical examination form and blood test results should be signed and dated by the physician. Photocopies of these documents at the fine of application are acceptable. Original ones will be checked after enrollment.
(5) Money order of RMB ￥ 800 for application fee should be sent by registered mail together with Jw201 or Jw202 form to International Education Center of Shanxi University of TCM two months prior to enrollments.
(1) There is no time limit for adult students and students for advanced studies.
(2) Application deadline for undergraduate candidates is April 30 for the fall semester commencing in late August.
Foreign students should come to China with passports and “X” or “F” visas.
Those wishing to study in China for six months or more should lodge with the nearest Chinese Consulate the following Documents for X visa:
Those wishing to study in China for a period less than six months should lodge with the nearest Chinese Consulate the following documents for F visa:
Those coming in group to study at Shanxi University of TCM. May also apply for F visa with the invitation issued by Shanxi Foreign Affairs Office.
Foreign student dependents can come to China with L visa.
Those coming to China with passports other than X or F should have their visas changed to X visa after they arrive in China. All costs included should be borne by applicants themselves.
Students admitted must register at the International Education Center of Shanxi University of TCM. The documents they need to present at the time of registration include:
Notification of Acceptance, Visa Application for Foreigners Wishing to Study in China, (JW201 or JW202 from)issued by State Education Commission of the People’s Republic of China. Physical Examination Form. Guardian’s statement and 10passport-size photos.
Those unable to complete registration procedures within the designated time should get approval from the International Education Center. Otherwise the offer of your admission could be cancelled. Exceptions are given to adult students, short-term students and those wishing to study Erhu, Wuhu and calligraphy. They can come to China at any time, subject to approval of this center.